Description of the task:
Dominic Cotton is the Co-founder and CMO @Cyclo Technology, a startup developing innovations that make sustainable travel simple & safe for everyone. In 2019 Cyclo ran a successful Indiegogo campaign where they raised GBP 50K in a very short period of time.
Dominic has 25+ years of experience working in industries ranging from media (BBC) to charity (UK Youth). This is a rare opportunity for students to work alongside Dom and the Cyclo team who are also highly experienced.
This project will last for 4 weeks and you are required to invest a minimum of 6 hours per week.
Below is a broad outline of the type of tasks that you should expect to do during this project:
- Competitor landscaping, product & pricing comparison
- Marketing and Social Media Strategy: working on the content calendar, identifying key influencers and social media groups for this industry - planning out the engagement strategy with these influencers/groups
- Broader industry and sector market research
- Identifying partnership opportunities
You will get additional guidance and all required support from Dominic, his co-founder Josh and Head of Operations Georgia in order to get most out of this experience.
There are 2 places available.
Once you apply you will be invited for a quick 15 minutes online interview and you will be required to send in your CV.
Don’t miss out on this! Great opportunity for you to learn by doing and to add an inspiring entrepreneur to your network!
Requirements and Rules:
Requirements and Rules. You should:
1. Be in a position to spend at least 6 hours a week working on Cyclo tasks
2. Be passionate about working in a startup environment
3. Have positive 'can do' attitude
4. Have attention to detail and aptitude for research
5. Have knowledge of Google, Apple and Microsoft programs
At the end of this project, Dominic and his team will give you feedback based on your performance.
You will also get a 1-on-1 half hour feedback session with Aysan!
Prizes and Rewards:
This is dependent on your performance, but things you can expect are:
- A recommendation on LinkedIn from Dominic
- Positive reference letter
Cyclo will also reward you with a FREE CYCLO:ONE bike helmet when they are in production (2021).
Beyond this you will get the chance to work with a great team at a small and ambitious start-up.
If all goes well with this project there may be future opportunities, some of which could be paid.