Description of the task:
Aysan Ozel, currently a Business Development Partner at Brydg - one of the most successful boutique real estate debt-funds in Europe, has generously agreed to give an opportunity to Foundley students to work on exciting projects with him.
Aysan spent more than 12 years in Citi Investment Bank, working as and Executive Director in their Global Markets division. Aysan managed one of the best performing institutional sales teams in Citi Investment Bank, making GBP 60+ million annually for the bank.
In late 2019, Aysan joined Brydg as a Partner with the aim to scale Brydg's business internationally.
This project will last for 4 weeks and you are required to invest minimum of 6 hours per week.
The type of tasks that you should expect to do:
1) Competitive landscape analysis for short term real estate backed lending. (i.e. the likes of Octopus, Octane, Property Crowd etc.)
2) An analysis of the attached report series by UBS to come out with trends and conclusions about how UHNW profiles changed over the years and the investment rationales etc. This might sound boring, but this is more of an exercise of coming up with investment trends in these reports. On top of that, to point out changes in behaviour and forward-looking guidance. Below is the link to the page. There are six reports in total.
3) Future of the housing market. How do millennials look into housing? There are new types of housing alternatives coming into the market like co-living, homes of multiple occupiers (HMOs), renting, buying. What are the key trends going forward?
4) Working on a complex financial model and finding solutions on how to model it in a better more sophisticated way.
YOU WILL GET GUIDANCE FROM AYSAN, SO DON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY THE SOUND OF THESE TASKS!
ALSO, YOU WILL BE ALLOCATED ONE OF THESE TASKS, YOU ARE NOT EXPECTED TO COMPLETE ALL 4!
There are 6 places available.
Once you apply you will be invited for a quick 15 minutes online interview and you will be required to send in your CV.
Don't miss out on this crazy opportunity! You will learn more than you can imagine!
Requirements and Rules:
1. Be in a position to spend at least 6 hours a week working on Brydg tasks
2. Have strong interest in Finance, Fintech, Real Estate
3. Have attention to detail and aptitude for research
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (skilful use of Excel)
After the end of this project, Aysan will give you an overall feedback based on your performance.
You will get 1 on 1, 30 minute long, feedback session with Aysan!
Prizes and Rewards:
Totally dependent on your performance, but things that you can expect:
- exceptional recommendation on Linkedin from Aysan
- great reference letter
- mentorship program with Aysan
- conversion to full time summer internship